Our congregation is grieving. The departure of Ruth Lewis -- who directed our congregational music for 37 years, the last decade or so of which as Minister of Music -- has been a blow to us all. Sadness, hurt, and anger are manifestations of our grief. We are -- all of us, I believe -- sad about Ruth's departure. We are -- all of of us, I believe -- sad that we have allowed conflict to make some of our Fellowship relationships tense or suspicious.
I grieve the loss of the treasure Ruth has been for our fellowship for so many years. Through so many years, as I wrote in a July email to Fellowship members, Ruth was a constant presence at the piano, leading the congregation in hymns, and leading the choir in performances often stunning and moving. She musically enriched the lives of hundreds of members of our adult, youth, and children's choirs. Many times more than that were uplifted and inspired from the beauty of our choir's music in worship.
Fellowship members have been and will continue to gather in various venues to process our feelings and discuss how to go forward from here. I have been and will continue to be at many of them. I don't know the answer to all the questions, and I'm not the one to make the decisions that are up to the Fellowship to make. I'm simply available to talk over your feelings, suggestions, questions (though I might not know the answers). Come talk to me.
Phone Cam in the church office to make an appointment or phone me directly at home. Let us heal together.
Yours Faithfully,
Meredith
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts?